When looking for a household cleaning solution, you can feel easily overwhelmed and confused by the long list of unknown ingredients swimming before your eyes. Some contain toxic chemicals for kids and animals and some spur on allergy attacks, causing you to wonder if they are more dangerous in your home than the dust and messes themselves.
Remove any confusion and try making your own, all-natural cleaning solutions! Below are three DIY recipes with ingredients that you already have in your pantry.
Not only will the lemon rind in this natural cleaning solution produce a fresh scent for your home, it will also increase this product’s cleaning power. You can use this on almost any surface, from kitchen countertops to bathroom shower hard water stains. Do refrain from using this cleaner on granite, as the citrus and vinegar can damage the soft surface.
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ½ cup water
- Lemon rind
- Rosemary sprigs
1. In a medium bowl, combine the above ingredients together.
2. Pour into a spray bottle, seal, and shake.
3. Let the spray bottle sit for about a week in order for the ingredients to fuse together.
4. After waiting, simply spray this product onto the surface and wipe clean!
Do not waste your time and money searching for a natural air freshener. You can enjoy the invigorating smells of citrus, cinnamon, and cloves with this easy DIY air freshener recipe. You can also choose which herbs you want to use and change them around when you are ready for a new scent. For example, you can try a lime and rosemary, an orange and basil, or a lemon and lavender combination!
- 2-3 oranges, lemons, and/or limes, sliced
- Handful fresh herbs such as basil, rosemary, or lavender
- 2-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. whole cloves
1. Pull out a medium saucepan and add in all the ingredients.
2. Fill the saucepan about three quarters of the way full and bring to a boil.
3. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to simmer.
4. As long as you are nearby, you can allow your natural freshener to simmer until your whole home smells fresh and clean!
5. Store the remaining water and ingredients in an airtight container in the fridge. You can use this same combination again tomorrow.
Try this simple recipe for an all-natural dusting solution that you can use on any surface. You can confidently dust your home, knowing that the spray will reduce allergic reactions instead of cause them. Just boil the tiny list of ingredients together and get to work!
- 3 cups water
- Two tea bags (your preference on which kind)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
2. Turn off the heat and add in the tea bags.
3. After letting your concoction cool, pour it into a spray bottle and add in the lemon juice.
4. Spray the mixture on a microfiber cloth and dust away!