Sauces, dips, and dressings do not only complement a meal, they complete it. If you have 5 minutes and a hankering for something savory, try this easy zucchini hummus recipe. Also, if you love hummus but have transitioned into a paleo diet, this option could be for you as the zucchini trades places with the chickpeas and eliminates beans from the snack.
Dip a couple chips, scoop a couple carrots, dress your salad, or liven up your main course with a few spoonfuls of this zucchini hummus.
Here's how you make it:
1 medium zucchini, peeled and chopped
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup tahini (replace the tahini for almond butter if you are watching your seed intake)
4 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. cumin
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
Cilantro to taste
Paprika for garnish
1. Blend together the lemon juice and tahini in a food processor until they have combined into a paste. If you want a thicker dip, add a little bit more tahini. For a creamy drizzle with a citrus punch, increase the amount of lemon juice.
2. Add zucchini, olive oil, cumin, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper and blend for at least 30 seconds or until creamy.
3. Taste test your new hummus and add a dash of this or that to perfect the dip.
4. Pour into a serving dish, sprinkle with paprika, and a few more sprigs of cilantro.
5. Grab your dipping weapons and take a stab at your new creation!