Feeling sluggish or foggy-brained? This could be due to toxins trapped inside your body.
Where do Toxins Come From?
Everyone should detox at least one time a year. We all house toxins within our bodies, whether we like it or not.
Here are the main sources of toxins:
· the environment
· household cleaners
· home improvement material (i.e. paint, carpet, laminate flooring)
· beauty products
· sunscreen and lotions
· moldy buildings
· processed food
10 Ways to Get Rid of Toxins
Some of these items we can “clean up” and make sure we are using chemical-free, BPA-free, paraben-free, non-GMO, etc. But there are some toxins we just can’t avoid. We can’t live a life stressed about these toxins or live in a bubble. That is why detoxing is so important. It clears your blood, liver, and kidneys of these harmful toxins, while adding superfoods and supplements to get your body performing at its highest level. You can detox for 3 days, a week, or 2 weeks. It all depends on your body and how you are feeling.
Here is a list of my top 10 favorite ways to detox:
1) Sweat, then take a cold shower
2) Take your detox drink first thing in the AM
3) Clean up your diet...Whole30 Recipes are a perfect start
4) Drink cleansing smoothies or juice 1-2x per day
5) Move your body daily
6) Supplement — Find a good multivitamin, vitamin D, Calcium, Probiotic, and Cod Oil supplement
7) Get fresh air in a park protected by the federal government. Trip to Yosemite anyone?
8) Sleep during your circadian rhythm
9) Try a detox foot soak with bentonite clay
10) Drink water like there’s no tomorrow